Monday, September 19, 2011

Teaser Tuesday 20.9.2011










It's been a while since I participated in Teaser Tuesday, a weekly meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.


The rules are:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two teaser sentences from somewhere on that page
  • Be careful not to include spoilers
Share the title and author too so that other Teaser Tuesday participients can add the book on their TBR lists, if they like your teasers!

I have read so many praising blog posts about Amitav Ghosh, especially about his historical saga Sea of Poppies and I've been meaning to read something by him for some time now. I even had Sea of Poppies home from the library once, but at that point did not get to reading it due to other more urgent reads. Then his earlier novel The Calcutta Chromosome, subtitled "a novel of fevers, delirium & discovery" started to intrigue me even more than Sea of Poppies and I decided to start my journey to Ghosh's novels from this earlier one published in 1996. This far I'm really enjoying my read. My teaser is from p. 22.

"He remembered it now - he had typed it in himself, just a few years ago.
Subject missing since August 21 1995, it said, last seen Calcutta, India."


ps. I added a 100 Things about Me -page to this blog. Take a look if you want to learn a few more things about me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment