Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The 2011 TBR Pile Challenge


Here we go! One of my favorite, if not the favorite, times of the blogging year is here: The time to decide which challenges to do next year! I've already decided to join a few challenges and have been compiling my book lists. I'll be posting various challenge posts in the coming days, but I'll start with a very useful challenge: The 2011 TBR Pile Challenge hosted by Adam at Roof Beam Reader

I'm very good, I mean v-e-r-y good, in adding books to my TBR pile. However, I'm not so good at reading the books I've bought. All too often, no matter how interesting the books are, they are left waiting while library books take priority in my reading. Books from the library have to be returned, my own books are not going anywhere, so they wait for their turn, and wait, and wait... :) Joining this challenge is the perfect reason to read some of those books that have been sitting on my bookshelves for longer than a year.

The goal of the challenge is to read 12 books from one's TBR pile during 2011.

The books must have been on your bookshelf or TBR list for at least 1 year. That means they cannot be published 1.1.2010 or later. Two alternate books are allowed.

To join this challenge go to Roof Beam Reader.

This is my list:
1. Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantell
2. The Children's Book by A. S. Byatt
3. Tomb of the Golden Bird by Elizabeth Peters
4. The Laughter of the Dead Kings by Elizabeth Peters
5. Olivia by Dorothy Strachey
6. Sacred Hearts by Sarah Dunant
7. Pinkerton's Sister by Peter Rushforth
8. Command Decision by Elizabeth Moon
9. Twenty-four Hours in the Life of a Woman & The Royal Game by Stefan Zweig
10. The Future is Queer. A Science Fiction Anthology. Ed. by Richard Labonté and Lawrence Schimel
11. Jacob's Room by Virginia Woolf
12. An Elegy for Easterly by Petina Gappah

Alternates:
+Victory Conditions by Elizabeth Moon
+And Only to Deceive by Tasha Alexander

Which one should I read first?

No comments:

Post a Comment