Wednesday, December 29, 2010

More Challenges

There are so many interesting reading challenges popping up all around the blogosphere just now! It's hard to resist joining all too many of them, but I'm trying to choose a manageable number I will have a chance to finish, too. I've alreadty posted my lists for the TBR Pile Challenge and the One,Two, Theme! Challenge. Here come's my reading lists for the GLBT Challenge, the Historical Fiction Challenge, and the Steampunk Challenge. Both GLBT & Historical Fiction Challenges run from January 1st to December 31st. The Steampunk Challenge actually started already in October this year and will run until October 2011.

GLBT Challenge

Even though there is no required amount of books to read I have made a list of 12 books that I hope to read for this challenge in 2011:


1. Avery, Ellis: The Teahouse Fire
2. Boock, Paula: Dare Truth or Promise
3. Brenner, Samantha: Grand Slam
4. Daggett, Gina: Jukebox
5. Donoghue, Emma: Slammerkin
6. Garden, Nancy: Annie on My Mind
7. Jansson, Tove: Fair Play
8. Koja, Kathe: Under the Poppy
9. Murakami, Haruki: Sputnik Sweetheart
10. Sappho: It Not, Winter
11. The Secret Diaries of Miss Anne Lister ed. by Helena Whitbread
12. Strachey, Dorothy: Olivia
 
Historical Fiction Challenge
 
My aim is to read 10 books (Struggling the Addiction -level):
 
 
1. Vladimir Bartol: Alamut
2. A. S. Byatt: Children's Book
3. Moyra Caldecott: Daughter of Amun
4. Emma Donoghue: Slammerkin
5. Sarah Dunant: Sacred Hearts
6. Ken Follett: Fall of Giants
7. Richard Harvell: The Bells
8. Kathe Koja: Under the Poppy
9. Hilary Martel: Wolf Hall
10. Kate Pullinger: Mistress of Nothing
 
Steampunk Challenge
 
I aim to read 5 books.
 
 
1. Meljean Brook: The Iron Duke
2. Cassandra Clare: Clockwork Angel
3. Kate Elliott: Cold Magic
4. William Gibson: The Difference Engine
5. Michael Moorcock: The Dancers at the End of Time (an omnibus of 3 novels)

Can't wait to start reading books for these challenges! :) 

ps. There's still time to enter my giveaway.

No comments:

Post a Comment