Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Teaser Tuesday 21.12.2010


















Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by LizB of Should Be Reading.


The rules are:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two teaser sentences from somewhere on that page
  • Be careful not to include spoilers
Share the title and author too so that other Teaser Tuesday participients can add the book on their TBR lists, if they like your teasers!

Last week I started enthusiastically reading Can You Forgive Her? by Anthony Trollope. It is the first of his Palliser novels and is set in the 1860s. After The Woman in White I craved for more Victorian fiction and thought Trollope would satisfy that craving. For ca. 150 pages he did, but then somehow I became tired of the story. I did not care much for one of the characters and found another one a bit irritating. In the end I gave up. Not for good, but for now. I wanted to read something else, something with more...something, almost anything really, after a chapter on fox hunting! I took a good look at my book piles and decided on Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly. I'm only 50 pages into the book, but I'm liking what I've read this far. My teaser is from page 26 (little more than 2 sentences this time):

"Most of the teachers at St Anselm's will tell me I'm a genius. That I can do anything, be anything. That my potential is limitless and I should reach for the stars. Nathan is the only one who calls me dummkopf and tells me to practise the Sarabande in Bach's Lute Suite in E Minor five hundred times a night if that's what it takes to get it through my thick skull. And it's such a relief I could cry."

ps. There is still time to enter my giveaway. Click the button below to go to the giveaway post.


No comments:

Post a Comment