Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Teaser Tuesday 23.3.2010

















What a bad blogger I have been this month! Not a single post since my February wrap up! Well, I have been very busy with other things, work and dancing to be more exact, and I have also tried to read all too many books at once. I should know already that that only leads to my not being able to finish any of those books!

I did finish Sefarad by Antonio Muños Molina, though, all 500+ pages of it. Muños Molina is from Spain and the book is originally written in Spanish, but it has been translated into many languages. I read the book in Finnish, but it is also available in English. It is a collection of 17 stories, both separate and somewhat intertwining, and has been said to map the mental changes of 20th-century Europe. It is an excellent book. Please, read it! :) Here's a link to a few reviews.

During the weekend I started reading a book I have wanted to read for a long time: The Lieutenent by Kate Grenville. Here is a link to a short YouTube video, where Grenville talks about the book. My teaser this week is from page 51.  It is year 1788 and the First Fleet has just arrived at New South Wales.
"As Sirius rounded a rocky island, Rooke saw men running along the shore, shaking spears. He could hear them on the wind calling the same word over and over: Warra! Warra! He did not think that they were calling Welcome! Welcome! He suspected a polite translation might be something like Go to the Devil!"
Teaser Tuesday is a weekly event hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.

The rules are:
  • Grab your current read.
  • Open to a random page.
  • Share two teaser sentences from somewhere on that page.
  • Be careful not to include spoilers!
  • Share the title and author, too, so that other Teaser Tuesday participiants can add the book to their to be read lists if they like your teasers!

No comments:

Post a Comment