Saturday, December 29, 2012

Summing Up My Reading Year 2012

Where on earth did this year go? I swear I just only had my summer holidays and now it's two days left until 2013! Time has really flown! Looking back 2012 has been a good year, a good but busy year, but to be honest, I prefer busy to any options. :)

Blogging wise 2012 was not so good. I would have liked to post more. There were not nearly as many posts as I had hoped to write,  but I just realised that even though I wrote much less posts in 2012 than in 2011 I still managed to write more reviews this year!

When it comes to reading I did pretty well in 2012. I made a concious decision to read novels when I had to choose between that and blogging or reading blogs and ended up reading 76 books in 2012. That is a good number for me and taking into consideration that my 2011 sum of 85 included over 20 mangas, I feel like this year's 76 was more than last year's 85. :)

I feel that 2012 was for me the great year of diversifying my reading. Not genre wise, but format wise. I started listening to audio books on my iPod while running and I also read my very first e-book (=Maisie Dobbs by Jacqueline Winspear) this year. Towards the end of the year and especially after I purchased an iPad and downloaded not one or two, but three reading apps :), the quota of e-books on my list of books read in 2012 started to rise exponentially!

I did very poorly with the reading challenges I participated. After a good start in the spring I simply could not keep up with my reading lists and felt I did not want to read according to any plans. I did fulfill my personal goal to read at least 10 LGBT books in 2012, though. I do like the idea of reading challenges and have been browsing the net & twitter for interesting ones. Probably I will sign up for at least one or two -or maybe three :), but more about that after the 31st.

I'm off to London in the morning and will celebrate the start of 2013 there! Can't wait to visit Foyle's once again! :) :) Have a great New Year everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment