Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Teaser Tuesday 29.6.2010
















Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by LizB of Should Be Reading.

The rules are:
  • Grab your current read.
  • Open to a random page.
  • Share 2 teaser sentences from somewhere on that page.
  • Be careful not to include spoilers.
  • Share the title and author, too, so that other Teaser Tuesday participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teasers!
I'm trying to fill in some gaps in my reading and am at the moment in the middle of two totally different classics: Middlemarch by George Eliot which I'm trying to get read for Nymeth's readalong, and The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov which I have read many praising comments about. My teaser this time is from The Master and Margarita.
'Among other things,' the prisoner recounted, 'I said that all authority is violence over people, and that a time will come when there will be no authority of the Caesars, nor any other authority. Man will pass into the kingdom of truth and justice, where generally there will be no need for any authority.' [p. 36]
What are you reading at the moment?

No comments:

Post a Comment