Sunday, November 11, 2012

Life According to Literature, Take 4


















I've done this meme a few times already, but not since January 2011, and as I'm struggling to find time for blogging, I thought I could do this once again. This is quicker to write than a review. :)

My previous Life According to Literature posts can be found here, here and here.

The idea for the meme is to answer the questions below by using books you have read this year and not to use the same title more than once.

Here we go:

Describe yourself:
Timeless
Gail Garriger's Parasol Protectorate series is just perfect! Extreamly imaginative world building, humour, great characters a good number of which are LGBT, plus it's steampunk!


How do you feel:All Clear
I started my 2012 with this book by Connie Willis. I tend to like books with time travel, but this one is also a brilliant histocial novel.

Describe how you currently live:
In Other Worlds
Margaret Atwood is one of my all time favorites. This collection of essays subtitled Science Fiction and the Human Imagination was a great read.

If you could go anywhere, where would you go:
Empires of the Word
This extreamly interesting tome of over 550 pages by Nicholas Ostler tells the language history of the world.

Your favorite from of transportation:
Watership Down
This classic by Richard Adams was the first audiobook I listened to with my iPod. I loved this books as a child and still do.

Your best friend is:
Wandering Son
This manga series by Shimura Takako (I've read vols 1-3 this year) is a beautifully and realistically told story about a boy who wants to be a girl and a girl who wants to be a boy.

You and your friends are:
The Godless Boys
Naomi Wood's debute novel made a very good impression on me and I'm looking forward to reading more by her in the future.

What's the weather like:
Frozen
Earlier this year I joined NetGalley. This young adult historical novel by Mary Casanova was one of the first books I requested.

You fear:
The Hunger Games
I borrowed this bestseller by Suzanne Collins as an audiobook and listened to it while jogging.

What is the best advice you have to give:
Pardonable Lies
I only started reading the Maisie Dobbs mysteries this autumn, but she has already become my favorite sleuth!

Thought for the day:
Adaptation
Malinda Lo's latest novel is simply amazing! What a plot! Can't wait to know how the story continues!

How I would like to die:
The Prisoner of Paradise
This beautifully written historical novel by Romesh Gunesekara is set in Mauritius in 1820s.

My soul's present condition:
UnEarthed
This young adult scifi novel by Rebecca Bloomer about a teenage girl, who moves to the Mars colony, is among the e-books I've read this year. I only started reading e-books this autumn.

No comments:

Post a Comment