Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Teaser Tuesday 18.10.2011









Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.

The rules are:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two teaser sentences from somewhere on that page
  • Be careful not to include spoilers
Share the title and author too so that other Teaser Tuesday participients can add the book on their TBR lists, if they like your teasers!

I've been meaning to read something by Haruki Murakami for a long time and since reading The Lake by Banana Yoshimoto earlier this year I've been craving for more Japanese lit. Also, it's always nice to finally be in the mood for a book that has been sitting on my bookshelf for a long time. :) Thus, I'm reading Sputnik Sweetheart by Haruki Murakami.
My teaser is from page 18. The male narrator, who is in love with Sumire, and Sumire, who is about to fall in love with a married woman 17 years her senior, talk about Sumire needing time and experience to become a great writer, and Sumire admits that she does not have any sexual desire.

"I don't know where your sexual desire has gone," I said.
"Maybe it's just hiding somewhere. Or gone on a trip and forgotten to come home."

No comments:

Post a Comment