Monday, June 20, 2011

Teaser Tuesday 21.6.2011










Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.
The rules are:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two teaser sentences from somewhere on that page
  • Be careful not to include spoilers
Share the title and author too so that other Teaser Tuesday participients can add the book on their TBR lists, if they like your teasers!

I'm reading Robert Fagles' wonderful translation of Homer's The Iliad. My teaser is from page 134.

"And Helen the radience of women answered Priam,
"I revere you so, dear father, dread you too-
if only death had pleased me then, grim death,
that day I followed your son to Troy, forsaking
my marriage bed, my kinsmen and my child,
my favorite, now full-grown,
and the lovely comradeship of women my own age.
Death never came, so now I can only waste away in tears.""

What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment