Monday, March 14, 2011

Teaser Tuesday 15.3.2011










Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by LizB of Should Be Reading.


The rules are:


  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two teaser sentences from somewhere on that page
  • Be careful not to include spoilers
  • Share the title and author too so that other Teaser Tuesday participients can add the book on their TBR lists, if they like your teasers!
Even though I was enjoying Alamut by Vladimir Bartol I started to feel I needed to read something completely different before going back to it. This often happens when I'm reading a long story. Alamut is only little less than 400 pages, but still I got impatient. I guess, it has to do with my having all too many unread books at home just now, what with going grazy at the book sales and all that! :) Well, I abandoned 11th-century Persia first for a 19th century boarding school for girls in Olivia by Dorothy Strachey and then continued with start of the 20th century Paris with The Other Side by Sandra Freeman (I will write more about both of these two soon) and now I'm reading one of my book sales finds, namely The White Garden by Stephanie Barron.

Stephanie Barron is actually known for her Jane Austen mysteries of which I have read 1 or 2 many years ago. The White Garden, however, is something quite different from those. Landscape designer Jo Bellamy finds a mysterious notebook in a garden shed in Sissinghurst Castle. The notebook seems to be written by Virginia Woolf. This quote is from page 86:

"Do you know when Virginia Woolf drowned herself in the River Ouse?"
Jo shook her head.
"The day before your notebook starts - March twentyeight, 1941."

No comments:

Post a Comment