Monday, May 31, 2010

No Reading in Paris























I spent last week in Paris watching tennis at Roland Garros. In addition to most of my favorite players on the women's side I was lucky enough to have a ticket for the main stadium for one of Roger Federer's matches. :) Now I'm back home and back to work -and hoping to have more time for reading in the weeks to come!

This is my May wrap up:

Books read: 4
Books read in English: 1
Books read in Finnish: 3
Finnish books read: 0
Fiction: 4
Nonfiction: 0
Books reviewed: 1

List of books read in May:

-Dorrestein, Renate: Pojallani on seksielämä ja minä luen äidille Punahilkkaa (originally written in Dutch, not available in English as far as I know)
- Shields, Carol: Ellei (Unless) (reread)
- Neville, Katherine: Kahdeksan (The Eight)

What a meagre list of books read I have for May! :( But there is also some books I started in May but am still reading that did not quite make this list. After many years I felt I wanted to read some Agatha Christie and am half way through Miss Marple's Final Cases now. I'm also reading Middlemarch by George Eliot for the first time, and I finally got into reading An Elegy for Easterly by Petina Gappah, but have only had time to read the two first stories this far.

Well, I'll leave you today with a photo taken on a bit rainy day in Paris. And yes, that is Roger Federer sitting on the player's chair there on the right. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment