Sunday, September 5, 2010

Cloud 9 & a Wrap-Up

















Yesterday the first grand prix dance competition after summer took place in Turku. Since May we have been concentrating in standard dances only (i.e. slow waltz, tango, Wiennese waltz, slow fox, and quickstep). We have been working very hard and were eager to see how we'd do in the competition. Well, we won!! It was the first time we won the standard section in a grand prix competition and I'm still more or less on cloud 9 here! :)
So, dancewise these past weeks have been very good, but it has also meant that I had not been reading much, or rather, I'm reading a few books, but don't seem to be able to finish them!

I'm reading
  • Dubliners by James Joyce for my book club meeting
  • The Hammer and the Cross: A New History of the Vikings by Robert Ferguson for fun (I've always been very interested in the Viking period. I even went to study in Norway because of that.)
I'm also slowly reading through two books of short stories:
  • Angels beneath the Surface: A Selection of Contemporary Slovene Fiction ed. by Mitja Cander & Tom Priestly
  • Love and Obstacles by Aleksander Hemon
In August I did spend almost two weeks with Middlemarch, as I wanted to read it for Nymeth's readalong. Unfortunately could not get further than 200+ pages. In the end I just had to put the book aside and read something else. I'll get to Middlemarch some other time. I guess this just was not the right moment for it.

Here is my August wrap up:

Books read: 3 (only 3 :( )
Books read in English: 2
Books read in Finnish: 1
Finnish books read: 1
Fiction: 3
Nonfiction: 0
Books reviewed: 3 one of which was read already in July

These are the books I managed to finish reading in August:
How was your reading in August?

Oh, I almost forgot! I'm on Twitter now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment